Sunday 5 August 2018

Obaje faces fitness race for league resumption

By Taofeek Babalola

FC Ifeanyi Ubah striker Godwin Obaje is growing in confidence that he will be fit to play when the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) resume, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.


The former Wikki Tourists forward is recuperating from  a knee injury he sustained during his team’s home game against Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM).

In a chat with SportingLife, the former NPFL top striker said he is getting better, hoping to help his team in the remaining league matches.

“I am injured and I am at home on treatment for the knee injury I picked up during our match against MFM.  But I am getting better now and I hope to be okay before the league resumption,” Obaje told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

Obaje has also pleaded with the football stakeholders to sheath their swords and resolve the leadership crisis rocking the NFF leadership. 

He said the players are not happy with the situation and want normalcy to return the Nigeria football.

“For me, I felt very bad that with just few matches to the end of the league season we are now having crisis in the NFF which is not good for our football in Nigeria. As a player, you will have your own plans after the league season, but it is just unfortunate that this crisis came up. I just hope it will be resolved as soon as possible so that the league will continue.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment