Friday 12 April 2024

I’m happy to be playing football again, says Boniface

 By our reporter

 


Super Eagles and Bayer 04 Leverkusen striker, Victor Boniface, has expressed joy to be back in action after his longtime injury layoff, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.

The Nigerian international scored his first goal in 2024 in Thursday’s 2-0 win over West Ham United in the first leg of the Europa League clash.

Boniface, who came on as a 75 minutes substitute, netted the winning goal in the first minute of injury time with a well-directed header from Jonas Hofmann's cross. Hofmann’s volley broke the deadlock in the 83 minutes. 

The 23-year-old made his return to the pitch in Leverkusen’s 4-0 win over Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB Pokal. He also came off the bench in the club’s 1-0 over Union Berlin at the weekend before helping Die Werkself secured victory over West Ham on Thursday night.

Speaking after the game, Boniface promised to help the team whenever he’s giving a chance to place.

 “I feel happy, you know. It’s not easy considering I was out for about three months. I missed a lot of games, so coming back to help my team means a lot and I’m really happy to be playing football again. I’m looking forward to helping my team whenever I’m called upon, we have a big game on Sunday, so we’re looking forward to that,” Boniface told OmaSports TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment