Sunday 13 May 2018

Nanen Imenger joins Akwa United

By Taofeek Babalola

Former Lobi Stars forward Barnabas Nanen Imenger has joined Akwa United in a short term free loan deal, Sportinglens.blogspot.com can reveal.


The former CHAN Eagles striker is back in the country from Algiers due to a contractual disagreement with his club, MC Algier.

In a chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.com, Nanen said he is ready to give his best to the team during his stay with the Uyo-based side.

"I am now in Uyo with Akwa United. I am in the country at the moment and I have to keep myself fit that is why I decided to join Akwa United. Akwa United is one of the best clubs I cherished in the league and I am ready to give my best to the team which is my responsibility as a player," Nanen said to Sportinglens.blogspot.com.


Akwa United had expressed an interest in Nanen since his exceptional performance for Lobi Stars in the 2016 Federation Cup final at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos. Akwa United defeated Lobi Stars 2-1 to lift the trophy and the former Kwara United striker scored the only goal for the Makurdi-based side.

No comments:

Post a Comment