Thursday 16 September 2021

Gombe United won't make up the numbers in NPFL-- Zubairu

 


By Taofeek Babalola

Gombe United technical adviser Aliyu Zubairu has said that Savannah Scorpions will compete for all tittles in the 2021/2022 football campaign, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports. 

The former Wikki Tourists FC of Bauchi manager guided Gombe United to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) after picking one of the four promotion tickets at the NNL Super 8 playoff in Enugu at the weekend.

The Savannah Scorpions, which came second in the Northern Conference Group A, joined Niger Tornadoes, Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) and Remo Stars in the NPFL.



In a chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.com, an elated Zubairu said he has shifted his focus on the NPFL challenge.

“It was a great feeling getting promotion to the NPFL. As I said before, I went to NNL not because I didn’t have a job but I joined to Gombe United because I really want a new challenge “I left Wikki Tourists on my own to take up a challenge in Gombe United and I am fulfilled with what I have been able to do with the club. NNL challenge is over now and I am focused on new challenge in the NPFL,” Zubairu told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

He added: “NPFL terrain is not new to me because I have been there before. we are not in the NPFL to make up the numbers but to contest for all available silverwares in the coming season. We will be going for every trophy we can get our hands on this season. The real challenge is here now and I am confident that we will achieve a lot with the help of everyone in the team.” 



The Savannah Scorpions finished second on the log with five points in three matches with two draws and a win in the group A of the Northern Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment