Sunday 11 October 2020

Lambert: I want to carve a niche for myself in the NPFL

 

.18-year-Old goalkeeper signs professional contract with Abia Warriors


By Taofeek Babalola

Abia Warriors Football Club of Umuahia Youth team goalkeeper Chibueze Lambert has said that he is in the Nigeria professional Football League (NPFL) to learn, and making good use of every single opportunity given to him in the league.

The 18-year-old stated this after signing his first professional contract with the club.

The youngster had commanded regular shirt for the Abia Warriors Team B in majority of the matches they played, the performances which earned him promotion to the first team.  


Speaking to the club’s website, Lambert admitted that things are going well for him this year and prepared to compete with other well experienced goalkeepers in the team.

“It was a good and exciting experience with the club's Team B and I promise to justify my promotion and Signing of my first professional contract with Abia Warriors. I am prepared to give a healthy competition to other well experienced goalkeepers in the team, and also learn from them.

“My personal goal is to carve a niche for myself in the Nigeria Professional Football League and I am most grateful to the club management for believing in my ability. I am more excited with the quality of goalkeepers in the team, and the coaches. These are people that can make the development of a young player faster," Lambert said.

No comments:

Post a Comment