Friday 24 February 2017

Ikefe out of Gombe United clash


By Taofeek Babalola 



On form Niger Tornadoes centre back, Andrew Ikefe has been ruled out of Gombe United clash after failing a late fitness test. The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match day 10 clash is bill for the Lokoja Confluence Stadium on Sunday evening.


Ikefe ruptured his knee on match day 8 clash against Enyimba and he has failed to recover on time after missing the road trip to Plateau United last weekend.

"I am getting better but still feels some pains in my knee," Ikefe said to Sportinglife.

"I hope to return back to action against Abia Warriors if I am satisfied fit to play by the doctor and technical staff.  I wish my teammates good luck in Sunday's game against Gombe United. I know we can surely secure the three maximum points," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment