Tuesday 28 February 2017

Uwua quits Lobi Stars

By Taofeek Babalola

Lobi Stars technical adviser, Godwin Koko Uwua has parted company with the club in what he described as 'lack of respect' for him by the board.

The former Enyimba of Aba manager resigned his appointment with the team on Tuesday.

Uwua’s three-match suspension was elapsed after the team’s 2-1 win against Enyimba on Sunday.

In a letter addressed to the Benue State Deputy Governor, Benson Abunu, Uwua said he decided to quit the job to preserve his professional integrity and in the interest of Lobi Stars.

He made reference to his suspension for playing a draw at home with Katsina United as a calculated attempt to embarrass him, destroy his image and jeopardise his credible effort as a coach while at the same time denying him the credit for the work he started with the team at the start of the season.

“When I drew in Port Harcourt against Rivers United, the board never gave me a commendation letter, yet at the time of my suspension, I had won three matches, drew two and lost two,” Uwua lamented. 


 “I thank His Excellency and his wife, the First Lady for the opportunity to once again serve the state as the technical adviser of Lobi Stars. I have to resign before somebody is killed if the club continues to play draw. I was not given fair hearing before I was suspended, which means the board did not regard me as a person and completely obliterate my contributions to the since 1998.


“I’m resigning so that Lobi Stars can continue to win and not drawing its matches. I therefore thank the board/management, the players and the backroom staff for their support and good working relationship while I was in charge of the team,” He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment