Monday 16 October 2017

Aiteo Cup: God has crown my effort, says Maikaba


By Taofeek Babalola

Akwa United technical adviser, Abdul Maikaba has attributed his Aiteo Cup success to God, saying that ‘I will cherish this for a long time’, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.


Akwa United defeated Niger Tornadoes 3-2 on penalties to win the tournament on Sunday’s final
at the Agege Stadium, their second federation cup trophies in three years and his first trophy for the Uyo-based outfit.

The former Wikki Tourists gaffer admitted that Niger Tornadoes gave his team a tough time during the encounter.

Maikaba, who joined the promise Keepers at beginning of this season, commended his boys for their fighting spirit. He was also named the best coach of the competition.

"It was a tough game from two ambitious and determined teams. I expected it to end that way and I thank God that we won at the end of the day, Maikaba told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.


He added: "When we lost the first penalty I told my boys to calm down and we still have hope. This is my first year with Akwa United; I led them to fourth position in the NPFL and now the Aiteo trophy. I am happy and fulfilled that God has really crown my efforts. I will cherish this for a long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment