Friday 17 January 2020

Itoya targets good finish in the NPFL


By Taofeek Babalola

Rangers International FC captain Kelvin Itoya has said that he and his colleagues will continue to push for a good finish in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.


The Flying Antelopes got its first victory on the road in the 2019/2020 NPFL season with a very hard fought 2-1 win over Warri Wolves F.C at the Warri City Stadium on Wednesday.

Itoya scored the first goal in the second minutes while Kenechukwu Agu made it two on eight minutes with a sublime freekick. Charles Atshimene scored a consolation for the Seasiders in the 40th minute.

“Before the game I tweeted that it was going to be an emotional game for me and it was so which made me not to celebrate when I scored the first goal. I thank my supporters for all they did today. We continue to push for a good finish in the league," Itoya said after the game.

The former Warri Wolves forward thanked Warri fans for the support giving to him during the encounter.

 “Thank You Warri for the enormous support as i led my team @rangersint to victory... Thanks be to Almighty God for the victory and injury free game... Happy to also be on the score sheet and it was so emotional as I didn't celebrate!!!,” he tweeted.

With the win, Rangers now have twelve points from eleven matches with four games in hand and will face Abia Warriors in another ‘Oriental Derby’ at the weekend in Enugu.

No comments:

Post a Comment