Tuesday 14 March 2017

4-match ultimatum: I am not worried, says Ganaru



By Taofeek Babalola

Wikki Tourists head coach, Mohammed Baba Ganaru has told Sportinglens.blogspot.com that he has yet to be officially informed about 4-match ultimatum placed on him by the club’s management.

The club’s chairman, Isa Matori had on Monday during a press conference in Bauchi, said the technical crew and players have to win their next four league games or face the music following an abysmal start to the first round in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

But in a telephone chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.com, Ganaru said he was not worried about what is happening in the club while calling for the support of everybody.

“I am not disturbed because this is football. I am very focused and determined to succeed with the club. I have told my players to be focused and concentrate and avoid the distraction. I told the players that if they are facing any pressure they should leave everything to me. As I am talking to you now nobody has told me anything about ultimatum,” Ganaru told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

“If you are not getting result, definitely there must be pressure. The team is playing well but we are not scoring. When the team is not doing well, that is when you need the support of everybody. We are calling on our supporters to be patience and pray for the team. I believe the result will come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment