Tuesday 28 March 2017

Iheanacho ready to fight for Man City starting spot



By Taofeek Babalola

Super Eagles striker, Kelechi Iheanacho has revealed his intention to fight for a starting spot at the Manchester City and has no plan of leaving this summer.

The Nigerian striker, 20, is behind Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus in the pecking order at the Etihad Stadium and has spent much of the season on the substitute’s bench under Pep Guardiola.

And while he has made 24 appearances in all competitions - scoring seven goals - there had been some suggestions that he could look to leave - either permanently or on loan - this summer.

But the former Flying Eagles star is happy to continue fighting for his place at City.

Iheanacho said: “I’m very happy and very grateful to be in this team. I keep working hard every day and when I get my chance I have to prove to everyone I need to be in the squad.
“It’s a great squad with great players. Everyone is working really hard, so everyone should be happy being in this team. I am improving every day. I keep learning and improving and that will help me in the future. I love it here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment