Thursday 6 April 2017

Injured Ezekiel Bassey hopes to be back soon

.Work permit, shoulder dislocation stops Barca B debut
By Taofeek Babalola

Ezekiel Bassey has said that his inability to get work permit has denied him a chance to feature for Bacelona B team since making his loan move in January.

Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports that Bassey signed an initial six-month loan deal from Enyimba FC of Aba, with the possibility of signing for an additional two years after passing medical on January 31.

But since then, the Nigerian footballer has yet to play a competitive game with his new club, except training session.

The former Akwa United star also revealed that he sustained an injury during one of their training sessions on Monday, which he said, would last for one week to heal.

Bassey said: "Since January 31 when I completed my medical, till today my work permit is not ready yet. I am still expecting it before weekend. I am out of training field because of the injury that I sustained during training on Monday.

"So my recovery period is taking a week and few days to get back to full training. Barca B just have six games left, and I wish to recover on time, and even get stronger to have some minutes (of play) before the end of the season.

"Six games left and Barca B is playing one of the matches this weekend and I haven't still gotten my work permit yet, so I can't still play till probably after next weekend, depending on my recovery process."

No comments:

Post a Comment