Monday 31 July 2017

Man Utd sign Matic on three-year deal

Manchester United have confirmed the signing of midfielder Nemanja Matic from Chelsea in a three-year deal that sees the Serbian move to Old Trafford for £40million.


Matic, who will wear the No 31 at United, was left to train alone at Cobham during Chelsea's pre-season tour of Asia and the Premier League champions have consented to his wishes of being reunited with Jose Mourinho.

Sportsmail understands the initial fee to be £35m, with £5m in add-ons based on how the midfielder performs at United.

The 28-year-old is in line to make his first United appearance against Sampdoria in Dublin on Wednesday, and he revealed his joy at completing the switch.

"I am delighted to have joined Manchester United," Matic told the club's website. "To work with Jose Mourinho once again was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.

"I have enjoyed my time at Chelsea and would like to thank the club and the fans for their support. I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and to start training with them. This is a very exciting time for the club and I am looking forward to playing my part in creating more history for this great club."

No comments:

Post a Comment