Friday 21 July 2017

Manager of the month award is a collective effort, says Musa

By Taofeek Babalola

Kano Pillars acting technical adviser, Ibrahim Musa has attributed his Manager of the Month Award to collective efforts from players, technical crew and management of the team, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.


The former Bank of the North FC gaffer, who replaced former technical adviser, Kadiri Ikhana at the beginning of second stanza of the ongoing season, named Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) best manager for June by the League Bloggers Awards.

Musa beat Gbenga Ogunbote of Enyimba, Bala Nikyu of Wikki Tourists and Enugu Rangers trainer Chukwuma Agbo to the award.

The former Jangorzo FC of Niger Republic led the club to an unbeaten run in the month of June. They defeated Lobi Stars, Sunshine Stars and MFM FC in their home games played behind closed doors and then got two draws on the road at 3SC and ABS FC.

In a chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.com, Musa said the award will help him to do more for Kano Pillars.

“First of all I want to thank God for this award. I will encourage me to do more for the team and take Kano Pillars to the continent. The award is a collective effort from the players, technical crew and the management. I am very appreciative of the management for giving the chance to work with the team and I didn’t disappoint them. The award is an encouragement to the coaches and players. It is really a motivating factor to the coaches and players,” Musa said to Sportinglens.blogspot.com.


“I want to thank the organizers for recognising our job by giving us this award. It is an award every coach wants to get and I am happy I won it this month. The award will encourage me to do more for the team and take Kano Pillars to the continent. I want to thank the State Governor Umar Ganduje for the support to the team too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment