Thursday 27 May 2021

Ogunbote quits as Sunshine Stars coach



By Taofeek Babalola

Gbenga Ogunbote has left his role as the Sunshine Stars Head Coach, Sportinglens.blogspot.com reports.

Ogunbote resigned from his position on Thursday following the team’s winless run in the ongoing 2020/2021 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL). 

Owena Whales are swimming in relegation zone after fifteen matches without a win. 

In his letter of resignation addressed to the club’s management, Ogunbote said the board’s inability to take players’ welfare as priority affected the team's results. 

Sportinglens.blogspot.com understands that club are been owed seven months salaries and bonuses. 

Ogunbote said: “I took the job in the anticipation that we will continue where we stopped the last time I coached the team with all hands pulling together to support and the team having better results, however, on this occasion of my relationship with the team, the welfare of the team is way off the mark such that it affects morales of the players and collective motivations of the team players are my tools with my inputs to get results, results are what makes a difference in being a successful coach which unfortunately it’s not happening this time.

“I thank the Management and officials for every support which I will never forget reflecting on my time with Sunshine Stars F.C.

“I hereby appreciate all and tender my resignation with this month salary forfeited in lieu of my notice, whilst I expect all my outstanding salaries, sign-on fees and bonuses be paid in due course for proper disengagement. I wish the team all the best in the future prosecution of the league.”

The former 3SC, Rangers and Giwa FC coach left Sunshine Stars in 18th position on the log with 21 points from 23 matches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment