Thursday 12 May 2016

Iheanacho reveals he’s learning from Rashford


Nigerian international and Manchester City hotshot Kelechi Iheanacho has admitted he has learnt from Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford this season.

The striking duo have proved to be the shining lights in otherwise dull seasons for the Manchester clubs with both showing great form in front of goal.

Rashford has scored seven goals in 16 games for United while Iheanacho has bagged 13 goals in 34 appearances for City.

Comparisons between the pair have been inevitable, but the 19-year-old Nigerian is relishing the opportunity to compete with the England youngster.

‘I love a challenge so when people compare me and Rashford, it gives me more confidence and motivation,’ he told the Daily Mail.

‘It also makes me work even harder. I hope people keep comparing us because if we can keep challenging each other in the coming years it could be great for Manchester.

‘If we both keep doing well, improving and scoring lots of goals for the team it could be interesting.

‘Rashford is a great young talent. He is big and strong and makes good decisions so I think he is going to be a really good player in the coming years. You can learn from every player so I’ve learnt from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career’.

No comments:

Post a Comment