Friday 20 May 2016

Makalala joins U-23 camp in Abuja

Lobi Stars' Victor Makalala has been invited to the national U-23 team, Sportinglens.blogspot.com can reveal.

Makalala joined the team’s camp at the Serob Legacy Hotel in Abuja on Thursday ahead of the preparation for the 2016 Rio Olympic men’s football event.

The 22-year-old star went on trials with Georgia FC of Atlanta Georgia, United States of America before he returned back home to join Lobi Stars at the beginning of the season on a year contract.

The Sapele-born player, in a chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.comthanked coach Samson Siasia for the invitation as he promised to justify his call up into the team.

“I am not surprised with the invitation because I always belief in hard work. I am very well prepared for the challenge and I will give my best. I was invited before but I couldn’t make it because I traveled then.

“Now that I am playing in the league, this is the best chance for me to represent my country and justify my inclusion in the team,” Makalala told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

The former Igho FC of Sapele star also expressed no fear over completion in the team as he prays for God’s favour to make the final selection for the Rio Olympic squad.


“What is important is God’s favour. I know there will be competition in the team but when there is favour of God upon you everything is possible. Again, I thanked coach Samson Siasia for the invitation and I also thanked the management of Lobi Stars under Mike Idoko for the support.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment