Monday 30 January 2017

Draw against Rivers United felt like a win, says Uwua

Lobi Stars technical adviser, Godwin Koko Uwua has stated that his side’s 0-0 draw against Rivers United in the match day five of Nigeria Professional Football League game (NPFL) in Port Harcourt felt like a win.
The former Enyimba of Aba manager said he and his boys prepared very well for the match so as to avoid another disappointing away defeat.

The Makurdi-based side suffered a 4-0 defeat to MFM in a match-day three encounter at Agege Stadium and the situation Uwua did not want to repeat itself.

“This draw (against Rivers United) feels like a win though you guys (journalists) see it as a draw.  You cannot compare Rivers United and MFM FC (a side Lobi lost 0-4 to in their last away game) in terms of coaching and (personnel).


“Having conceded four goals against MFM, I knew that if I wasn’t careful, my team could concede as much as 12 (goals) in Port Harcourt against Rivers United.  I had to work harder because I knew I was facing a better team,” Uwua said.

No comments:

Post a Comment