Tuesday 9 May 2017

Alhassan vows to justify Eagles’ call-up

.Eager to meet Iheanacho, Ndidi, Success, Alampasu
By Taofeek Babalola

Akwa United midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim has expressed his delight over his first invitation to the Super Eagles as he assured to work harder to impress the team’s handlers. The former Wikki Tourists midfielder was among the four home-based players included in the 25-man squad for friendly match against Corsica and France later this month.


In a chat with Sportinglens.blogspot.com, Alhassan said he is excited to reunite with his former teammates at the Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles who are now stars in the national team.  Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho, Watford striker, Isaac Success, Leicester City, midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and Dele Alampasu of Cesarense FC, Portugal were colleagues at the junior level.  

“I feel great to be invited into the national team squad. This is the first time I am getting this opportunity and I am going to do everything to justify my inclusion in the team. I can’t wait to meet my former teammates at the Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles, Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Wildfred Indidi and Dele Alampasu. What I need now is to be very focused and determined,” Alhassan told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

The former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star believed he can do well to get a spot in the squad for next month’s 2019 AFCON qualifier against South Africa.


“I believe I can compete well in the national team because every player invited was based on merit and I believe I will do well if I get the opportunity to play. I am not going to make up the number in the national team and God’s willing, I will make the final list for the South Africa clash.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment