Tuesday 25 October 2016

Maikaba to sign Akwa United deal Wednesday



Coach Abdul Maikaba has revealed that he will sign Akwa United deal on Wednesday. Maikaba resigned as Wikki Tourists coach on Friday after guiding the team to the third place position at the just concluded 2015/2016 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season.
The former Kano Pillars gaffer revealed that he has agreed personal terms with Akwa United and he will be in Uyo on Wednesday to finalise the deal.

"I have resigned as Wikki Tourists coach. I want a new challenge. I have held talk with Akwa United and I have agreed on personal terms with them. I will be in Uyo on Wednesday to sign the deal," Maikaba told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.

The former Enyimba coach has however thanked Wikki Tourists management, players and fans for the support and opportunity given to him to be in charge of the club.

"I have to say that I enjoyed a good working relationship with Wikki Tourists that is why we achieved so much in the last two seasons. I have to thank everybody in the team for the support. It is football and we have to move on."

No comments:

Post a Comment