Friday 6 October 2017

Akpeyi: Eagles will give 100 percent against Zambia



.Backs Nigeria to book World Cup ticket  

Super Eagles and Chippa United's goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi is treating Saturday's clash with Zambia in Uyo like a World Cup final given his country only need a point to punch their ticket to Russia 2018.


The Super Eagles top Group B in qualifying with 10 points from four games - three points more than Chipolopolo, seven ahead of Cameroon, and nine clear of Algeria.

Akpeyi told Chippa's website: “We have come this far and now with only a point to qualify we must give 100 percent. We must give our all and with the nation behind us, we can.

“Zambia will also fancy their chances and will throw everything to fulfil their dream of playing in the World Cup. I believe though in my teammates, I believe in the Super Eagles.

“We are not going to leave any stone unturned on Saturday. This game is as big as World Cup final to me and I am sure I speak for all my teammates and Nigerians in totality.”

Meanwhile, Akpeyi was thrilled to make his return from injury in the Chilli Boys' 1-1 draw with Golden Arrows in Durban last weekend.

“I am grateful to God Almighty for my quick recovery and I want to thank the Super Eagles medical team and our physiotherapists at Chippa United for a job well done. I recovered quicker than initially anticipated.

“I am feeling good since coming back to the team. I am focused and have challenged myself to do better than I did last season, and help the team. Football is about teamwork and all the guys are pulling their weight which augers well for the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment