Tuesday 26 July 2016

SUPER EAGLES JOB: Salisu Yusuf awaits NFF directive

.Says his role won’t clash with new technical adviser
Newly appointed Super Eagles chief coach Salisu Yusuf Coach Salisu Yusuf has said that there won’t be a conflict of interest between him and the yet to be appointed new technical adviser, even as he awaits directive from the Nigeria Football Federation.  NFF had last week announced Yusuf as the chief coach and Paul Le Guen as the technical adviser. But the French coach rejected the offer.

In a chat with the Sportinglens.blogspot.com, the former Kano Pillars manager said his role has been clearly spelt out when he was informed of his appointment.
“This is a call to service and I am always available to serve my country. I applied for the job like any other coach and I was told by the federation of my new duty last week. I have received a phone call to that effect but I am yet to be invited by the federation on the next step of action. I am still waiting for the directive,” Yusuf told Sportinglens.blogspot.com.
“I don’t want to pre-empt what is happening, but maybe the rejection of the technical adviser job by Mr Paul Le Guen is delaying the next move. I was told that I and technical adviser will work with the team and I will also be in charge of the Home-based Eagles too. So everything is in order and there is no controversy over technical adviser and chief coach role, what is important is the success of the team,” he said.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment