Thursday 25 August 2016

Chelsea hand Eduardo one-year contract

Chelsea have announced the arrival of goalkeeper Eduardo from Dinamo Zagreb on a one-year contract. The 33-year-old, a part of Portugal's victorious Euro 2016 side, joins the Blues a few days after his club side confirmed that a deal was in place.


Eduardo has spent the past two seasons with Croatian champions Zagreb, helping the club into the group stages of the Champions League but now departing for West London to provide goalkeeping cover.

"Having the opportunity to come to the Premier League and to Chelsea, to such a big club, it is an easy decision to make," he told the Blues' official website. 
"For me this is the best and the most difficult league and it is another level from where I have been until now. So it is a new challenge, at this moment I feel very good, so I am ready for this. All the colleagues I have always say the dream is to come to the Premier League, where there are the best clubs and the best players, and the opportunity to come here arrived at this moment.

"I am happy to be here and I hope I meet the expectations people have for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment