Sunday 7 August 2016

Ikorodu United, 3SC match abandoned after crowd trouble

.I removed my jersey to escape attack, Arowolo Claims

 
Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match between Ikorodu United and Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Ibadan at the Onikan Stadium on Sunday was abandoned due to crowd trouble with a minute to spare.

 
Ikorodu United took the lead after 25 minutes through Chinedu Onyelonu with an assist by Moses Ebiyie. 3SC drew level courtesy of Ajani Ibrahim in the 89th minute and after which all hell broke loose.

 
Ikorodu United are at the basement of the table on 18 points from 25 matches, while Shooting Stars are 16th with 36 points from 27 matches. 

 

Some of the traveling fans claimed that they were forced to change their 3SC jersey before they could leave the stadium to escape being attacked by home fans.

 
One of the fans said: “What a shame that a journalist could be defending the bad behaviours of fans of Ikorodu United that lead to the match between Ikorodu and Shooting Stars of Ibadan to be suspended. I thank Adepoju Tobi Samuel and Arowolo Jubril Bimbola who ensured my safety, though I had to change my jersey to the reversed side.... I wonder how Nigerian sports will grow with some half baked journalist but anyway one point in the bag for Shooting Stars.”

 

In one of his facebook posts, Jubril Arowolo, 3SC media officer said: “Game abandoned after Ajani Ibrahim's levelling header in 88th minute! Home fans went gaga, referees, officials and players of the visitors held hostage! Ope o, I have to change too..thanking a friend who gave me his overall..”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment