Monday 26 June 2017

Crystal Palace unveils Frank de Boer as new manager

Frank de Boer has revealed he took advice from Louis van Gaal ahead of becoming new Crystal Palace manager. The Dutchman has signed a three-year deal worth £2.5million per season to take over at Selhurst Park.


And at his unveiling, De Boer admitted he spoke to former Manchester United boss Van Gaal.

De Boer has a close relationship with Van Gaal having played under the ex-Old Trafford chief at Ajax and Barcelona.

“I already spoke with Van Gaal, a very informal talk. Van Gaal is always very good to me and we have always contact,” said De Boer.

“And he was the first one to contact me with this new job in this exciting football world. That is the only one really. What he said is between us. He gave some good tips but that is for me.”

On his new job, De Boer added: “I have a good feeling about the club also the perspective to manage a team in the Premier League was very exciting.


“There are almost no weak teams in the Premier League so I am very excited to be manager for this club. When he [Steve Parish] asked me directly I did my homework and tried to get more info about the club. Not only the players but also the history. I am very happy to be here. It is a club that still can grow further and further because every English club can spend a lot of money so there is a possibility to do something well with that money.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment