Sunday 4 June 2017

Evra reveals: 'I still have 24 brothers and sisters to feed so I can’t quit at 36’

Former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has revealed that he is still playing at the age of 36 because he still has '24 brothers and sisters to feed'.


Evra spent eight years at United between 2006 and 2014 and the Frenchman was back at Old Trafford on Sunday for the testimonial of Michael Carrick.

The 36-year-old, who currently plays for Ligue 1 side Marseille, was reunited with many of his former team-mates as a 'Manchester United 2008 XI' took on an All-Stars team to mark Carrick's 11 years at the club.

Carrick recently signed a new deal to stay at Old Trafford for another year but Evra hopes the midfielder will follow in his footsteps and play for a while longer yet.


'I hope he will play for many years, he has to keep playing like me. I am still playing because I still have 24 brothers and sisters to feed so I can’t stop, I have to run,' he told ITV.

No comments:

Post a Comment