Friday 18 August 2017

Shakespeare reveals: I won’t put pressure on Iheanacho

By Taofeek Babalola

Leicester City manager Shakespeare says he doesn’t want to rush Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho as he settled into life at City following his big money move from Manchester City.

The 20-year-old joined the Shakespeare’s squad from Manchester City for a fee of £25million until 2022.

Iheanacho’s introduction in the 82nd minute happened to coincide with the Leicester collapse in the 4-3 loss to Arsenal in the league opener last Friday.

But Shakespeare is confident that the former Flying Eagles star will get better with more conditioning.

“What I have seen so far I am really impressed with,” he said.
“I don’t want to put too much pressure on him because he is a young lad but I like his character and just importantly his quality of play has been there for all to see.

“Hopefully, in 12 months we will be sitting here and he has got a hat full of goals and he has been a team player. I think he is versatile to do that (play out wide). He has done that at Man City. He is capable of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment