Monday 21 March 2016

Austine, Ajibola joyful over NPFL debut


Former Bendel Insurance of Benin striker, Austine Ogunye and Alashe Sheriff Ajibola were excited with their first Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) debut in the colours of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) Football Club of Lagos.
Both players made their first top flight appearance in Owerri against Heartland FC in a match day seven of the NPFL and put up interesting performances on Sunday.



The two players spoke to MFM FC Media in a different interviews after the 1-0 defeat to the Naze Millionaires'.


Ogunye said: “It was a good moment for me because I have been looking forward to it though we didn't win our match and the result wasn't a bad one, we really fought hard as a team."


in his own reactions Alashe said: “I didn't score in the match and as a striker my job is to score goals though I made some attempts on goal, so going forward I intend to work harder in other to command a starting shirt. It was a massive game and a wonderful experience for me." 

He continued: "Initially, I was a little bit nervous but later on I got into the game, I played according to the coaches instructions and at the end of the day I had a good game," he concluded.



The Olukoya Boys occupy the second spot on the NPFL log with 13 points from 7 league matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment