Sunday 20 March 2016

Ibenegbu pleased with first Enyimba goal

Ikechukwu Ibenegbu has described his first goal for Enyimba as a special moment, in the club's 2-1 defeat to Burundi's Vital'O in the CAF Champions League on Saturday.

The midfielder nodded Enyimba in front in the 28th minute but had his effort cancelled by Shasiri Nahimana two minutes later.


The Elephants did go on to lose the game 2-1 after Laudit Mavugo struck on the hour mark but it was an insignificant defeat as they qualified 6-3 on aggregate, following last weekend's 5-1 home win.

Unfortunately Ibenegbu was pulled out of the action following a knock to his right knee but the midfielder was a pleased man after the game and told EnyimbaFC.net he was happy with the outcome of the match.

"Our purpose of coming was to qualify and we have done that, so I'm happy. We did lose the game but it doesn't matter, what matters is that we are in the next round," he said.

On his goal, he revealed he had been praying to find the back of the net for Enyimba.

"I have been praying to score and I thank God I have finally done it. It is a special moment for me. In this club every goal is important so I'm happy I have done my part for the team today."


"As for my injury in the game, it is not a major one. I thank God. Within a day or two, I will be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment