Saturday 26 March 2016

I’m yet to receive letter of my sack, says Henry Abiodun

Erstwhile technical director of Ondo State Football Agency, Henry Abiodun, has warned the chairman of the Agency, John Ola Mafo, against tarnishing his image.
The USA-trained coach said he was yet to receive a letter to indicate he had been relieved of his post as the technical director of the team.


Speaking to League Rendezvous, Abiodun said if the chairman want him to go, he should be paid all his entitlements.


 “A lot of things have been said about me and I just want to set the record straight,” Abiodun said. “I am a professional and not a politician. I handle my job as stated in my contract.
“This is a witch-hunt because they say I am loyal to the former management. I am being made the scapegoat.
“Two weeks after I was reportedly sacked, I am yet to receive a letter to that effect. And before now I have not received any memo or query, so where is this sacking coming from?”

He added that the reason given for his sacking was a big surprise to him as he never had any clash with the former coach of the team, Samson Unuanel, who was given the boot same time as the technical director, either on the field of play, the dressing room or anywhere around the team.

In a release by the agency, it was reported that the internal wrangling between the coach and the technical adviser which had affected the players and team’s performance necessitated their sacking.

But Abiodun has come out to deny having any issue with the coach, claiming that he never had an argument with the coach.

He said: “Whatever we discuss is always about the game which is done as mature men. When Unuanel came, I was one of the members of the Technical Committee that interviewed him and approved his appointment.
“The truth is the chairman does not really know the difference between the technical director and the head coach. My job as the TD has to do with Sunshine Stars, Sunshine Queens and the academy.
“I am doing this to clear my name, I am not stubborn and I don’t want people to drag my name in the mud.
“I don’t want anyone to rubbish my name; I have worked my way from technical instructor, to the head coach of Sunshine Stars, later assistant technical director before I was named the TD which is the highest position in ODSFA.”

No comments:

Post a Comment