Tuesday 22 March 2016

Douhadji teams up with Togo

Yaovi Douhadji has teamed up with Togo’s national side ahead of 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifying fixtures against Tunisia this month.
The Rivers United man was named in the 25-man squad made public by the head coach of the Hawks, Tom Saintfiet earlier this month.


He has now joined his international teammates and had his first training session at Stade de Kégué, Lomé on Monday evening.

“We trained on (Monday) but it was just a light session. The real business will begin (on Tuesday). It is important that we win the upcoming qualifying matches against Tunisia. The coach (Saintfiet) trusts me. He likes my physical presence and he also told me that I am a good defender.
“The fans have been waiting for me to receive an invitation to play for the national team because they know I can contribute positively. I am keen to help my country win those two qualifying games against Tunisia,” Douhadji told Rivers United Media.

Togo’s Hawks will meet Tunisia’s Carthage Eagles in the first of the two Afcon 2017 qualifiers on March 25 at the Stade Olympique de Radès, Radès with the reverse fixture taking place at Stade de Kégué, Lomé on March 29.

The Hawks are currently in first place in Group A of 2017 Afcon qualifying with maximum points after two games.


Douhadji who has played twice for United in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) this season (against Enyimba and Mountain of Fire and Miracles FC) is now in line to make his international debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment