Saturday 26 March 2016

Makalala eyes Warri Wolves scalp

Lobi Stars midfielder Victor Makalala is confident that he and his teammates can shock Warri Wolves in a week nine of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) at the Warri Township Stadium on Sunday.

The 22-year-old star who can play as a defensive and attacking midfielder admitted that the Makurdi-based side need to be at their best to get a worthy result in the game.


But the Sapele-born midfielder believes his team has prepared well for the match, stressing that he will be joyful if he score against his state team.

Makalala, who went on trials with Georgia FC of Atlanta Georgia, United States of America before he joined Lobi Stars, said he is expected to receive a good reception from his followers in Warri.

“The game is very important to us as a team,” the former Igho FC of Sapele playmaker said.
“The club is doing their best for the players and we (players) should show that we are ready to reciprocate that by making the club happy through our performances.
“The team is doing well and we want to continue on that form. We are determined and focused and I believe we have ability to beat Warri Wolves on Sunday. Warri Wolves are big team no doubt but with the quality players we have in Lobi Stars I believe we can come back to Makurdi after Sunday’s game with point.
“I am from Sapele which is part of Delta State. So I know the terrain very well and I will be happy if I score on Sunday too. I know that I will have lots of my fans at the stadium and I am promising them that I will not disappoint them. I have to thank the management under the leadership of Mike Idoko and technical crew led by Godwin Uwua for the job well done in the team.

“I believe a point in the game will move us to the top of the league. The defeat against Kano Pillars and Plateau United caused us a little set back but we have a complete team now. We defeated high-flying Rangers and we can shock Warri Wolves too. So we need to best at our best to achieve this on Sunday,” Makalala said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment